The Words&Wisdoms of Kahlil Gibran The Peace Forum
A Place to Share your Ideas.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 
  GamesGames   

The Words&Wisdoms of Kahlil Gibran

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Peace Forum Forum Index -> Personal Alchemy - The Way of The Peaceful Warrior
View previous topic :: View next topic  
OptiMystic777

PostPosted: Sat Dec 30, 2006 1:36 am    Post subject: The Words&Wisdoms of Kahlil Gibran Reply with quote

Deep.e.r & High Ya Black Lion Idea

After swapping mail with you recently,i`m really pleased to find out 2day from you, that we share a massive resonance&love of that great Poet
Kahill Gibran! Very Happy aswell as all things Sufism. And as you say maybe there is something in this Serendipity Wink
And like i said b4 2you, he deserves to be shared...anywhere!. And i`m glad to hear you agree, as he is a wonderfull writer/reflector of wisdom, joy, pain/suffering and has constantly reminded us that the `darkness of pain` within or without us, is to be embraced rather than feared, which is where the problem starts,the fear of it that is...&that this movement thru darkness to light is a natural and needfull process... so his Knight*Vision is second to none in my mind...all one ever hears these days is how great the Day/light/sun/masculine/logical powers are often to the detriment of the Night-light/Moon/feminine/Intuitive powers.

So as you suggested i`ve taken your lead and put it on this Personal Alchemy 4Rum. I`ll kick it off with the first 4quotes from him that i sent you originally&add some more quotes.
That 1st 4 never fail to help strengthen me when i read them, as his sheer vision/perspective on Life is incredible...especially on suffering&truly loveing.
As you know, loveing people who are nice or nice to us is easy, but loving or sincerely forgiving those who hurt, despise or ridicule us has we both know is not easy, it never is!...but its so worth it in the end for our own Peace of mind,heart&life and Kahill Gibran has that simple-genius way of reminding all of us this power within and many other besides. Enjoy.

The Words&Wisdoms of Kahlil Gibran

"i have learned silence from the talkative, toleration from the intolerant, and kindness from the unkind; yet, strange, I am ungrateful to those teachers"

'Pain and foolishness lead to great bliss and complete knowledge, for Eternal Wisdom created nothing under the sun in vain.'

"Keep me away from the wisdom which does not cry, the philosophy which does not laugh and the greatness which does not bow before children."

'When you are joyous, look deep into your heart and you shall find it is only that which has given you sorrow that is giving you joy. When you are sorrowful look again in your heart, and you shall see that in truth you are weeping for that which has been your delight.'

'The just is close to the people's heart, but the merciful is close to the heart of God.'

'Your children are not your children. They are the sons and daughters of Life's longing for itself. They came through you but not from you and though they are with you yet they belong not to you.'

'We choose our joys and sorrows long before we experience them.'

'Work is love made visible. And if you cannot work with love, but only with distaste, it is better that you should leave your work and sit at the gate of the temple and take alms of those who work with joy.'

'Your pain is the breaking of the shell that encloses your understanding.'

'Would that I were a dry well, and that the people tossed stones into me, for that would be easier than to be a spring of flowing water that the thirsty pass by, and from which they avoid drinking.'

'Poverty is a veil that obscures the face of greatness. An appeal is a mask covering the face of tribulation.'

'When love beckons to you, follow him, Though his ways are hard and steep. And when his wings enfold you yield to him, Though the sword hidden among his pinions may wound you.'

'Your living is determined not so much by what life brings to you as by the attitude you bring to life; not so much by what happens to you as by the way your mind looks at what happens.'

"Faith is an oasis in the heart which will never be reached by the caravan of thinking."

"Ever has it been known that love knows not its own depth until the hour of separation."

"Art is a step from what is obvious and well-known toward what is arcane and concealed."

"I wash my hands of those who imagine chattering to be knowledge, silence to be ignorance, and affection to be art."

"Friendship is always a sweet responsibility, never an opportunity."

*Kahlil Gibran*

HEART
Solomon
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Dec 30, 2006 7:50 am    Post subject: Great.. Reply with quote

Yup..

That's Great Opti..

I Love Mister Gibran.. and yes I did read "The Prophet" also in 1983.. Some of those quotes that I have not seen since then, rang like the echo of a bell that rang only yesterday rather than twenty-odd years ago..

But then when something grabs you right in the Heart, it's as if it's carved there in stone, and the words are always fresh because one carries them there all the time.. Not in words, but the words are there anyway. Bravo..

Hmm.. Sufi eh?

I am Sufi..

Because I am Hip.

I am Hippy because I Dug it.

Direct Experience Overrides All Else.

I am the Fount of All Things.

But I am not.

For I am Islamic.

FLiP-FLoP,

David.

Cool
blackdog

PostPosted: Sat Dec 30, 2006 5:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well wodya know, I have 'The Prophet' too, 'illustrated with the authors own enchanting drawings'.
Solomon
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Dec 30, 2006 9:59 pm    Post subject: Awesome.. Reply with quote

Awesome.

Have you read him?

Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

I haven't even seen a copy of the book in years but Kahlil is unforgetable once you've heard his heart.

FLiP-FLoP,

David.

Cool

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Peace Forum Forum Index -> Personal Alchemy - The Way of The Peaceful Warrior All times are GMT + 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: