Time waits...... The Peace Forum
A Place to Share your Ideas.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 
  GamesGames   

Refi

Bookmark this site!
Time waits......

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Peace Forum Forum Index -> Personal Alchemy - The Way of The Peaceful Warrior
View previous topic :: View next topic  
blackdog

PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2006 10:41 am    Post subject: Time waits...... Reply with quote

Couldn't think which section to put this in Confused

My little sorte into the subject of time on another thread might have raised an eyebrow amongst the muggle population Wink but I'm not the only one with strange notions of time.I've started watching a TV series entitled "Time" and in the first enstallment an experiment involving a scaffold tower and an led wrist band had interesting results.The idea was to try to prove or disprove the notion that "time stands still" during moments of stress,rather like a "Matrix moment"...you know,when you can see all the individual bullets and are able to dodge...
So,they took one rather nervous man,took him to the top of a scaffold tower and threw him off backwards.Round his wrist was a band with an led display which blinked on and off at a chosen rate set by the experimentors,so that when it was set to stay on a two digit number could be seen,but when he fell off the tower it was set to a rate too fast for him to tell what the number was.He was asked to read the numbers as he fell (not sure if I would even remember to look,let alone see anything!).
They repeated the experiment twice and in both cases although he didnt get the number 100% correct,he got it 50% correct both times,in other words he got one of the two digits spot on and the other digit was an easy to make mistake,ie he said 6 instead of nought or 3 instead of eight (cant recall the exact numbers now).So,pretty conclusive in my eyes.
Interestingly the narrator did not say the mans reactions speeded up,no he said time slowed down which I found to be an odd thing to say.
Solomon
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2006 11:33 am    Post subject: Hmm.. Neat! Reply with quote

Nice one Bd,

"Interestingly the narrator did not say the mans reactions speeded up,no he said time slowed down which I found to be an odd thing to say."

Mmm... you'll get used to it m' Dear - Your Power I mean.

It really is a case of 'mind over matter'.

The mind is real, and that's the end of the matter!

Ho Ho Ho!

The world of (matter) illusion!.

I remember an occasion about 20 yrs ago.. hmm.. the LSD 25 was just starting to cut in as I took off running down a steep gully behind a crazy chum.. The slope was littered with rocks, tree stumps, the odd fallen branch or three, and a lot of rain carved gullys, descending at at least 45 degrees, and going for about half a mile to the valley below.... The only thing we couldn't do (at the time) was to stop before we got to the bottom!

I remember an occasion about 5 of their earth years after that as well, when I crossed a four lane highway in four steps, weaving between the moving traffic as I went...

Yes time slows down, or stops, whatever you want really.. We practically flew down that hill in the forest, but it was like a slow walk on rice-paper to me. Laughing Laughing Laughing

Now then boyo, what time's lunch? Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes

Peace and Love,

B.L.

Cool

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Peace Forum Forum Index -> Personal Alchemy - The Way of The Peaceful Warrior All times are GMT + 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: