The Baker-Man The Peace Forum
A Place to Share your Ideas.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 
  GamesGames   

The Baker-Man

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Peace Forum Forum Index -> Personal Alchemy - The Way of The Peaceful Warrior
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Solomon
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2006 12:07 am    Post subject: The Baker-Man Reply with quote

There's wheat in the field
And water in the stream
And salt in the mine
And an aching in me

I can no longer stand and wonder
Coz I'll fill the barn this Autumn

So I'll jug some water
Make some flour
Store some salt
And wait the hour

I'm thinking of Love
Love is thinking of me
And the Baker will come
And the Baker I'll be

I'm depending on my labour
For texture and the flavour

Heh!

I can no longer stand and wonder
Coz I'll fill the barn this Autumn

So I'll jug some water
Make some flour
Store some salt
And wait the hour.

Nice one Steve.. For those who 'don't remember' the 'sixties, that was The Smallfaces, just can't think what it was called offhand... I remember the 'sixties very well indeed, just didn't have time to note the names of all the fabulous songs that were so prolific then.

I would guess it might have been called 'The Baker Will Come' or something similar, and I was in the mood to hear those guys tonight so I put on my only surviving copy which appears to have lost it's titles..

Anyway, I was tossing up whether to put it on the Gurdjieff Studies forum or this one, because I think in a 'sort of a way' it's kindov gurdjieffian, because it illustrates the nature of real work.

One cannot develop from a lower level than that of the obyvatel.. below hir there is no possibility.. "obyvatel" is a Russian word, meaning simply 'inhabitant'.. Many intellectuals look down on the obyvatel as a simple peasant without understanding that the obyvatel knows things, and that s-he is way above hir. Gurdjieff stated that tramps and bohemian types were way below the obyvatel on the evolutionary scale.

And as always he was right. I have seen it for myself even before I heard it from him.. It's getting worse Mister G isn't it Sir?

FLiP-FLoP,

David.

Cool
Solomon
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2006 9:11 am    Post subject: Lunatics as well.... Reply with quote

Of course he mentioned "lunatics" as well - as being inferior to the obyvatel I mean - but it didn't occur to me to mention it last night, because it goes without saying I suppose.

I'm talking about genuine lunatics of course, those who are actually attracted to being eaten by the Moon that is to say.. Not that they would know that though of course.

FLiP-FLoP,

David.

Arrow Idea

Cool

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Peace Forum Forum Index -> Personal Alchemy - The Way of The Peaceful Warrior All times are GMT + 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: