Does anyone know how to transmute hunger impulses? The Peace Forum
A Place to Share your Ideas.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 
  GamesGames   

Does anyone know how to transmute hunger impulses?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Peace Forum Forum Index -> Personal Alchemy - The Way of The Peaceful Warrior
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Joe

PostPosted: Tue Jul 04, 2006 3:00 pm    Post subject: Does anyone know how to transmute hunger impulses? Reply with quote

In the "Five Rites", the author speaks about transmuting sexual impulses and directing this energy upwards into other energy centers in the body. He proposes the "sixth rite" as a technique to achieve this diversion of energy upwards.
I was wondering if a similar thing can be done with hunger impulses? Is there an exercise or technique that will transmute and re-direct the energy, that creates the hunger impulse, upwards into other energy centers?

Thankyou
Joe
Solomon
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Jul 04, 2006 4:57 pm    Post subject: Hallo Reply with quote

Hallo Joe...

Interesting question as I have worked quite a bit with that. Cool

Hmm... funny thing is I have brought up the fasting matter on a number of occasions in the past, but it always went down like a lead balloon Exclamation

So I'm rather glad you asked, so I won't be banging my head on the wall this time. Very Happy

There are many things could be said about this but I'll stick with a few of my experiences for now, as I am working on nutrition as part of a 'rite 7' anyway.

I feel one must approach fasting or radically altering one's diet for a good reason, it's no good stopping or reducing the first being food if you don't know why you're doing it. Back in the early 'eighties I understood from "The Peaceful Warrior" and later "Don Juan" that a warrior working goes best on a diet of one meal a day, and that has been my gravitation for a quarter century or so, since I got divorced and stopped my "English eating pattern"! Laughing

Anyway, I have gone up to around 4 weeks without any solid first food, and many times done 3, 7, and 14 day fasts.. Although I have always allowed myself liquids when I felt the 'need'.. Smile

There are many other factors to consider too. For example, the higher the quality of the second and third being food one consumes the less one really needs of the first foods. Wasn't it you who asked me about where to find "C Influences"? Well! They're in you, and if you fast long enough you'll get to them, but a few signs and a roadmap don't go astray, one would best be well centred in B Influences before going straight into the deep end, I would say.

And as it indicates in the Bible, one should not fast with a froward countenance, what's the point, there is nothing to gain, they have their reward. Fasting is a joyfull experience when approached in a right and purposeful way.

Chew on that a while, there's a lot more to say and do along these lines.

Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

FLiP-FLoP,

David.

Cool

Oh.. and that hunger you feel? That's just 'belly' hunger.. Seven days off the first food and you'd really know what you're hungry for Shipmate! Very Happy
Joe

PostPosted: Tue Jul 04, 2006 7:43 pm    Post subject: Thanks David Reply with quote

Thankyou for this advice. But, I don't know what first, second and third being food are. Please pardon my ignorance.

Also, I've tried fasting but I've found I have become very restless and feel as though I have no energy. Is there a way to overcome these problems?
Solomon
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Jul 04, 2006 9:11 pm    Post subject: Good Man.. Reply with quote

Cool Joe,

I like a man who asks the right questions? Laughing

Obviously it wasn't you who asked about C influence.. I remember now.. Hey Commander! Got yer Ears On Question

The Three Kinds of Being Foods

1. Nourishment taken in by mouth in liquid or solid form.

2. The air you breathe into your lungs.

3. All those impressions you are aware of, coming both from within and without.

"Always avoid such impressions as would soil the purity of your brains"

(G.I. Gurdjieff).

Now this could lead us into a whole new area in terms of the three food octaves, but the more detailed discussion for that would best be on the Gurdjieff Studies forum, and it's early days for that yet.

Anyway to come to your second question...

"Also, I've tried fasting but I've found I have become very restless and feel as though I have no energy. Is there a way to overcome these problems?"

Hmm... I would say you are restless because you are not expending energy, the more energy you expend the more you acquire, the Universe is just one great lake of energy as Uncle George observed Exclamation

Mmm... and I don't mean to be at all flippant there in any way, because yes, that's just the start of it. Don't try to run before you can walk. One can get a good deal of very fine energy from just a little of what I would call super-foods. For example, I have often lived on a vial of royal jelly in the morning, and two or three glasses of grape-juice or more a day. Try it for a day or two perhaps?

As to a lack of energy, it is well to bear in mind that there is not much to be gained from doing the rites and other energy enhancing or refining practices if one has "energy leaks" and most people do. I have battled with their causes in myself for donkey's years, and one must plug them before real work can begin. Have a look at Ouspenky's words on the other forum mentioned above, about "The Quiet Place".

When you're in this quiet place you will be able to watch other people's thoughts /ideas tumbling into view and you will see how ordinarily we allow other people's bad ideas and thoughts to get so jumbled up with our own that it is hard to think straight, and when we don't know which ideas in our head are our own, and which come from our life conditioning etc, and in the present also from the circumstances we are in, then we won't know whether we ARE the proverbial "Arthur or Marthur?" Laughing Laughing

And we don't want to "get in a 2 and 8 about it" do we. Rolling Eyes Laughing Rolling Eyes

More third being food for you to chew on Joe Exclamation Shocked

FLiP-FLoP,

David.

Cool

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Peace Forum Forum Index -> Personal Alchemy - The Way of The Peaceful Warrior All times are GMT + 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: