Does anyone understand this dream? The Peace Forum
A Place to Share your Ideas.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 
  GamesGames   

Does anyone understand this dream?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Peace Forum Forum Index -> Personal Alchemy - The Way of The Peaceful Warrior
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Joe

PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2006 10:43 pm    Post subject: Does anyone understand this dream? Reply with quote

I had a kind of abstract dream the other night. I do not fully understand it.
It went something like this:

Reason tells us that "A" is "A" and cannot be "B".
So, what is True is True.
But, can what is false be True?
Well, if what is false can be True then an aspect of the Truth is false.
But this cannot be, because the Truth is fully True and no part of it can be false.
Therefore only what is True can be True and only the false can be false.
Furthermore, the Truth exists.
So, Reason also tells us that the false cannot exist, otherwise it would be True.
And, this cannot be.

In this world, we appear to perceive what is false.
But, since what is false cannnot exist then what we perceive as false cannot exist.
Solomon
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2006 9:02 am    Post subject: René Descartés Reply with quote

'sTruth Joe!

Sounds more like a discourse with René Descartés than a Dream?

Now how can I really be sure that's you typing that message Joe? You could be a pigment of my imagination for all I would 'know'??

Hmm... so would you be false in that case, or would I just be suffering from a faulty imagination.

It is true that some things are false...

"So let us not talk falsely now
The thief he kindly spoke
There are many here among us
Who feel that life is but a Joke!"

Mmm... you pose a number of philosophical questions here...

"Reason tells us that "A" is "A" and cannot be "B"."

Reason may tell us many things, and many of them may be right, but will reason alone take us all the way to The Truth? For instance, what if Mister A has jumped inside of Mister B's skin? Like in the movie "Face Off" for example, where Nicholas Cage's character becomes John Travolta's character and vice-versa...

Then all appearance will tell us that A is in fact B, and B is A. Reason tells us that if it looks like a duck and quacks it almost certainly is a duck! Ockham's Razor in action... Or the "Law of Umbarzelmishkozswarmy" to borrow a term from "The Gabes". But things are not always what they 'appear' to be.

"In this world, we appear to perceive what is false."

Appear to? Or do we in fact perceive the false along with the true?

"But, since what is false cannnot exist then what we perceive as false cannot exist."

You have posed a number of what ifs Joe, but I do not see that you have in any way established that 'the false cannot exist'...

In fact it does exist all around us if we do but merely look.

Appearances ARE deceiving to ordinary mind.. That is to say, what would have to be called so today because it is the majority mind, though in objective terms far from ordinary.. Hmm... Now if we could all just be ordinary *inhabitants* of this planet - good obyvatels - we really might get somewhere. Laughing

Now; Did I really just write that, or am I just a grizzly old lion who's fallen asleep in the jungle and dreamed he's a man writing stuff on the internet?

Idea Think carefully, to really 'know' anything you must be able to verify.

Rolling Eyes Laughing Rolling Eyes

FLiP-FLoP,

David.

Cool

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Peace Forum Forum Index -> Personal Alchemy - The Way of The Peaceful Warrior All times are GMT + 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: